Los Angeles!

Los Angeles!
Karen, Me, Deeps - Left to right - In LA

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Been running a lot

I'm here in Albany, New York, with my eyes affixed to a microscope. With the Lifecycle 1.5 weeks away, I'm getting a bit nervous of falling out of shape, so I started to run.

I used to HATE running. Now, it is not so bad. My heart and lungs are in great shape, and I feel as if I could run forever. The reason I don't is my legs. As most of you know, if you've heard me rant about my body, I am proud of the strength of my legs. My Quebecois blood courses through my vasculature, and settles mostly in my legs (far from my brain). It is a genetic defect/advantage that has allowed my diminutive ancestors to climb trees (as lumberjacks), chase down fleet beavers and minks (as flur trappers) and convince females to procreate with us(as annoying small Frenchmen). But, my legs aren't good for running. In all fairness, I don't do it enough. The front of my calves ache; I don't like it.

I'll tell you what I do like: I like to bike. In 1.5 weeks I'll have an entire week of it. Horay.

A sincerely thank you to everyone who has donated.

Total funds raised as of May 23rd: $2450.00

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE (AGILE) WADE-LECOMTE

No comments: